What Are The Different Grounds For Divorce

Texas allows parties to divorce without any fault on either party. This means that divorce can be granted simply because the parties no longer desire to be married. This wasn’t always the case. In the past, one or both parties were required to allege some fault-based grounds for divorce to allow the Court to grant their request for a divorce.

Read More

Keep Your Receipts, You May Be Entitled to Be Reimbursed in Your Divorce!

What happens if one spouse has contributed to the other spouse’s separate property? What happens if one spouse has paid the mortgage on a separate property home during the marriage only to realize the spouse who owned the home prior to marriage gets all the benefit? This article is going to discuss one of those claims: a claim for reimbursement.

Read More

Frequently Asked Questions About Divorce

Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about divorce. The answers are general in nature, and are designed to help you understand the divorce law and process. The individual circumstances of your case may vary, and may affect the results in your case. For more information about your case, contact us.

Read More

Community Property Presumption – The Difference Between Keeping Your Property and Losing It.

In Texas, there are two primary categories property falls into when going through a divorce. Those two categories are Community Property and Separate Property. These distinctions are incredibly important to the court when determining how to divide property during a divorce.

Read More

The Moon Law Firm YouTube Channel is Up!

I've started a YouTube Channel specifically for the purposes of answering your legal questions. All you have to do is send in your question to my email address at JMoon@MoonLawFirm.com. If it's one of the questions to be chosen, I will answer it in next week's episode and offer you a free one hour office consultation. 

As always, these videos are intended to be for general information and education. They are NOT a replacement or a substitute for licensed legal counsel. If you have a case pending, you need a lawyer dedicated to the specific facts and applicable law of your case. If you are in urgent need of representation, please feel free to contact us at 713-999-9398 or JMoon@MoonLawFirm.com. Thanks and enjoy!